Ala's thoughts

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

XVI

Today I read a passage from 1 Thessalonians which tells about respect towards our own body. It reminded me of a few situations which took place in distant past but actually kind of the same stories are still repeated by the same people I meet from time to time.

To be clear, the fragment tells about avoiding sexual immorality and lust for taking advantage from finding oneself in the crowd where actually nobody cares about you. I've been to many parties and I'm still attending a few this month. I'm not going to resign from this kind of entertainment even though I know it's a cave of behaviour I do not accept. The case is I try to hold my temper, usually successfully. As I say - usually. I also fail. But I always have on my mind one thought - it's not proper for you and you know it. I'm ashamed the same moment I make a mistake. I know that in notion of others I don't do anything wrong, many more people still behave in more inappropriate way, they don't even notice my moment of weakness. But it is me who notices it. Someone would say - oh, hormones, oh, young age, everything's in it's right place. Not for me. Because I know I am to protect my body, because it is valuable and anyone who looks at me should get the same idea like I get towards him. In three days there's going to be a great party again. And I want to have a great fun but at the same time I want to abstain from undesirable acting - mine and others'. I just love the music, it helps me relax and calm down, I want to benefit just from it and from some probable fruitful conversations.

Second idea - having found myself in such a place and watching many people behaving like I wouldn't like them to, I know it is my christian duty to condemn such behaviour. I'm in two minds about it. It would be hard to rebuke anyone. I can criticise and maybe even a bit of pity will be ok but, for the time being, I can't imagine myself talking to anyone about respecting his own body right there. On the other hand... that would a great new experience.

As for today, I just pray that I will be able to stand on my dignity and that I will not have to be ashamed of my acting before myself and before God. That would be so unfair and silly of me to cheat myself while I'm observed by a person with whose opinion I'm most concerned about. And it's not this boy or the another - it is Jesus who taught me such beautiful things which I consider the most precious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home