Ala's thoughts

Thursday, September 04, 2008

XVII

Although I don't really comprehend Isajah yet, maybe partly because of lack of my history knowlegde, today morning I found quite an interesting verse, chapter 22. It tells about people were more prone to taking advantage from current entertainment than from following God's will, especially when it seemed to be uncomfortable and fruitless. Having heard God's words they were still concentrated on their own comfort.

And yes, I admit, I myself try to find and follow situations which provide me with fun and good time. It is quite common to think that in the face of death we should take the opportunity and profit from every minute of our life. And yes, I can't deny it. But the question remains - what is 'to profit'? What does it have to do with my way to Heaven? Do I use my life in a proper way? Not always. Most of the time I'm like those people from Isajah, I try not to lose any minute of my life and i.e. not to regret things I didn't try. But the truth which I confess in my heart is that the only thing I should regret is that being given two options I usually choose the one which gives some benefit here and now. Because the fruit of is more visible in this particular moment. But at the same time I don't work for my prize in Heaven.

Dear God, I pray that you still teach me making the right decisions and focus more on Your will than on my fancy. Please, let me feel your presence especially this weekend when I'm going to meet many people and please, let me be a testimony to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home